Japanischer Mönch oder ninja - und Ming Dynastiefeldmarschal

Hier kommen eure Fotos von Figuren rein

Moderatoren: KlickyWelt-Team, Butch, Askin, Junker Jörg, KlickyWelt-Team, KlickyWelt-Team, Butch, Askin, Junker Jörg, KlickyWelt-Team

Antworten
Timotheos
Klickyweltfrischling

Japanischer Mönch oder ninja - und Ming Dynastiefeldmarschal

Beitrag von Timotheos » Sonntag 15. März 2009, 20:57

Das Komuso war ein wandernder Mönch des Zen, der ein tengai (Reedkorb) über seinem Kopf als Tat der Bescheidenheit trug und das shakuhachi (Flöte) für Almosen spielte.

The Komuso was (and is, being still around) a Zen wandering monk who wore a tengai (reed basket) over his head as an act of humility and played the shakuhachi (flute) for alms.

Ninja purportedly might disguise themselves as these mendicants while on espionage missions, because these alms collectors could travel around the provinces with little scrutiny. The Japanese comic, Lone Wolf and Cub, makes big use of komuso monks in its depiction of the Kurogawa ninja clan.

In any event, I've been meaning to make one of these ever since placing a basket over the head of a clicky. A flaw that I plan to repair one of these days is that, as you can see in the attached photo, the komuso wore alms bags that resembled shopping bags more so than the sash I chose.

[ externes Bild ]

[ externes Bild ]

The source is Stephen Turnbull's "Warriors of Medieval Japan", a bargain compilation of four of his Osprey publications.
[ externes Bild ]

=======================
Der Ming Dynastiegeneral ist von der Ära der japanischen Invasion von Korea 1592.

The Ming General adds to my growing Ming Chinese and Chosun (Korean) army during Hideyoshi's Invasion of Korea (1592-1598). I now regret the eye patch (makes him look like a pirate) but at some angles it gives him distinction. The splotch of yellow on his helmet is my botching of the spray paint masking but in some ways it hints more of the original gilding than what I had planned, anyhow.

[ externes Bild ]

[ externes Bild ]

The source for the photo is Turnbull's "Samurai Invasion: Japan's Korean War"
[ externes Bild ]
-Tim
playmolook
Baronin von und zu Attersee

Beitrag von playmolook » Montag 16. März 2009, 01:02

Hello Timotheos!

I would like to congratulate you on your great work :great, I find all your customs very much successful, colorfully and interesting. Particularly the creation or conversion of the belts is a good idea! :top

I wish you furthermore a lot of joy and good ideas with Playmobil, many greetings from

playmolook/Maria
Antworten